The festive fervor of Holi isn’t solely incomplete with out colours, but in addition candy delights! Anybody who loves conventional Holi meals would know why Gujiyas are the sweetest factor on this lovely competition. However hey, well being is wealth, proper? You should management your food regimen through the vacation season or if you wish to take pleasure in it once more, select more healthy alternate options to your favourite meals. Here is a kind of wholesome, gluten-free, vegan baked gujiya recipes!
Gujiya is a crescent-shaped, candy, fried, and sweetened dumpling filled with nuts, sugar, and mawa. The genuine model is topped with chaashni or sugar syrup. Then, as folks turned extra conscious of their weight and physique, they entered into baked gujiyas, minus the chaashni coating. And with extra consciousness about diets and wholesome consuming, we carry you a gluten-free, vegan baked gujiya recipe!
Richa Bhalla, an avid baker who experiments with wholesome flours, shared this particular Holi recipe with HealthShots. “That is my favourite ggujiya recipe with a twist. It is gluten-free, vegan, refined-sugar-free, refined-oil-free, and oven-baked. But it surely tastes at least the unique gujiyas,” the lady explains. behind Richa Bhalla’s Wholesome Bakes.
The concept is for everybody to benefit from the Holi celebration, even when they could be restricted to a gluten-free or vegan food regimen for well being causes or by selection! So should you’re nonetheless searching for methods to make gujiya at dwelling for Holi, here is some assist!
Gluten-free, vegan and baked gujiya recipe
Cooks, please word that this gujiya recipe serves 12-14 folks! Now put in your chef’s hat and go for these baked gujiyas. Additionally, listed here are some the reason why it’s best to select baked gujiyas over fried!
Components for Gujiya Dough
Urad Dal flour: 1/2 cup
Rice flour: 1/2 cup
Baking soda: 1/2 teaspoon
Olive oil: 4 teaspoons
Water: 1/2 cup
Components for the Mawa filling for gujiya
Coconut milk powder: 1/2 cup
Coconut milk: 1/4 cup
Melon seeds: 2 tablespoons
Poppy seeds: 2 tablespoons
Raisins: 2 tablespoons
Desiccated coconut: 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder: 1 tablespoon
Khandsari sugar: 1/2 cup (Is khand higher than sugar for weight reduction?)
Components for Caramel Jaggery
Jaggery powder: 3 tablespoons
Water: 2 tablespoons
* In a bowl, add urad dal flour, rice flour, baking soda, salt, olive oil and boiling water.
* Combine all the pieces and stir with a spoon. Cowl the combination and let it sit for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, put together the Mawa filling! Here is how.
* Dry the roasted melon seeds and poppy seeds in a pan for 4-5 minutes. Take out the seed combination and let it cool.
* Add the coconut milk powder and the coconut milk (room temperature) in a saucepan, combine with out turning on the warmth. As soon as effectively blended, activate the gasoline and start roasting over low warmth, till it comes collectively.
* Take out the Mawa on a plate and let it cool for 5-7 minutes. After that, add the roasted melon seeds, poppy seeds, desiccated coconut, cardamom powder and khandsari sugar and blend effectively.
Baked Gujiya Recipe
1. Knead the rested dough for 3-4 minutes till it comes collectively. Add lukewarm water and olive oil if crucial to acquire a pleasant agency dough, neither too smooth nor too exhausting.
2. Now take a ball of dough the dimensions of a lemon.
3. Unfold a Poori with rice flour
4. Place the Poori in a gujiya maker and fill it with about 2 teaspoons of Mawa combine. Put together the gujiyas in the identical means.
5. When all of the gujiyas are prepared, place the gujiyas in a greased baking sheet and bake them in a preheated oven for quarter-hour at 180 levels Celsius, or till you get the specified colour.
6. Ensure to not overcook it as it would turn into too crispy.
7. Bake it till you get the smooth however cooked outer layer.
8. Now in a saucepan, put jaggery powder and water in a pot and simmer the liquid for 4-5 minutes or till it will get a bit thick.
9. As soon as the caramel jaggery is prepared, brush it on the gujiyas and sprinkle pistachio powder on the nook of the gujiyas to embellish!
Do not miss the sweetness of Holi or every other competition!