Guidelines of MotoGP Dash races
- Every spherical of the 2023 championship could have a Dash race.
- Two Friday apply periods are prolonged, the outcomes decide entry into Q2.
- The beginning grids for the Dash race and for the complete race on Sunday are each decided by the outcomes of qualifying on Saturday.
- The Dash race is half the conventional race distance and half factors might be awarded (12 factors for a win, 1 level for ninth).
- The outcomes are usually not listed within the MotoGP historical past books – they’re listed individually.
Aleix Espargaro: “It will likely be bodily demanding. You possibly can take so many dangers, end seventh, earn three factors, however that is nothing!”
“For positive, the race on Sunday stays key for the championship. I am actually excited. I will attempt to set up ourselves in addition to potential. The second weekend might be higher than the primary, the third even higher.
“Final season, Friday was not necessary. However this 12 months, Friday is essential, so it’s a must to get up extra aggressively.
Mark Marquez: “Dash races, truthfully, I like them. The weekend is just too demanding for the drivers. FP2 is like qualifying. It is demanding to have 42 races.
“We are going to benefit from the dash race, as will the spectators. As Dorna stated once they offered this system, sooner or later we are going to adapt. We’ve got to take all these items into consideration.”
Miguel Oliveira: “On daily basis will depend. I do not know what to assume. It will depend on what place we qualify in! There are just a few factors, not sufficient, possibly you threat, however the risk-reward shouldn’t be nice, and that won’t change Sunday Grid.”
Francesco Bagnaïa: “It modifications the technique for the weekend. With the second apply there’s extra time. I attempted a dash race and felt good, nevertheless it’s a unique strategy to strategy a race.
“You need to assault like hell with out taking the rear tire into consideration. After three or 4 races, you’ll perceive higher easy methods to strategy the weekend.”
Fabio Quartaro: “We’re going from 21 races to a full season of sprints. If that helps the followers to develop the game, that is good. But it surely’s additionally an extra threat.”
Enea Bastianini: “I’ve to be very quick from the beginning, which isn’t my technique in an extended race. It will likely be new for everybody.”