Earlier than Holi arrives, all you’ll be able to hear are individuals speaking concerning the pageant of colours. Many are ready for Holi to have the ability to play with colours. However after the pageant is over, some complain of dry pores and skin or itchy or irritated eyes. Some even find yourself with pores and skin allergic reactions after taking part in with Holi colours. Not everybody faces these pores and skin points, nevertheless it’s at all times finest to take precautions. Does that imply you should not play Holi in any respect? In fact not! Merely change artificial Holi colours with pure colours. It seems that pure colours are good on your pores and skin.
HealthShots reached out to Mumbai-based Ayurveda professional Dr Lakshmi Varma Okay and dermatologist Dr Shyam Pandit, Allied Docs Home, Maharashtra to search out out why we must always play Holi with pure colours.
Based on Dr. Pandit, pure colours are protected and extensively utilized by individuals to keep away from allergy and an infection throughout Holi. Pure colours will be constructed from:
The reason why pure colours are good for the pores and skin
In comparison with artificial colours, pure colours are good for the pores and skin. Listed here are a number of the explanation why it’s best to go pure throughout Holi 2023!
1. Pure colours should not dangerous to the pores and skin
Artificial and chemical-rich Holi colours cannot solely dry out your pores and skin, but additionally trigger acute nail crease irritation, abrasion, discoloration, and eczema. Pure colours, however, should not dangerous and can be utilized safely. Sure substances like turmeric might even profit your pores and skin, says Dr. Varma.
2. No eye issues with pure colours
The chemical-laden Holi colours trigger eye irritation, redness, swelling and itching, says Dr. Pandit. Pure colours should not dangerous to your eyes. It doesn’t trigger chemical harm to the eyes, so shield your eyes from Holi colours by going pure.
3. Pure colours are simple to clean off
Pure colours can come off simply, they usually do not sink deep into your pores and skin, in contrast to chemical-laden colours that require a number of oil and cleansers.
4. Pure colours are environmentally pleasant
Artificial colours are identified to have a detrimental impression on the setting and animals. Based on Dr. Pandit, the chemical substances they include pose a menace to the setting and trigger crops to decay. Holi colours are additionally harmful for pets.
5. Pure colours are simple to realize
It’s also possible to do pure colours at house. You simply want pure substances like marigold, beetroot, neem, spinach, turmeric, and orange peel powder. All it’s important to do is get comparable coloured substances and grind them collectively.
Learn additionally : That is how I plan to make natural Holi colours at house
Tricks to shield your pores and skin throughout Holi
Even should you make your personal colours at house, there will likely be some who carry artificial colours. Simply observe the pre and publish Holi skincare suggestions so your pores and skin does not must cope with a variety of issues in a while.
This is how one can put together your pores and skin for Holi colours!
• Apply an oil or moisturizer to your hair and face earlier than taking part in Holi so the colours do not soak into your pores and skin and are available off simply. Making use of coconut oil to your palms, toes, and face earlier than Holi can provide your pores and skin a protecting layer, says Dr. Varma.
• Attempt to put on long-sleeved garments so the colours do not stay in your physique for lengthy.
• Use goggles to cowl your eyes whereas taking part in Holi to forestall eye allergic reactions.
• For those who expertise pores and skin or eye irritation after taking part in Holi, wash off the colours instantly and search medical consideration.