The Holi pageant is at all times stuffed with pleasure and pleasure. The particular factor about this pageant, nonetheless, is the number of delicacies ready at dwelling. You would possibly need to binge on something candy, particularly gujiya, however you have got to withstand your cravings as a result of the sugar degree and the frying process used to make the sweets can hurt your total well being. What if we instructed you that there’s a wholesome strategy to make gujiya? Enter the oven-baked gujiya methodology! We have now an knowledgeable to let you know why a baked gujiya may be higher than a fried gujiya if well being is your precedence.
HealthShots reached out to Mumbai-based nutritionist and way of life educator Karishma Chawla to search out out why baked gujiya is a more healthy strategy to put together gujiya at dwelling.
Baked Gujiya vs Fried Gujiya
Baked gujiya is a manner of cooking gujiyas quite than frying them. Though frying brings the true taste of gujiya, go for cooked gujiyas this Holi for well being causes. Fried gujiya are excessive in energy and might result in weight achieve.
Chawla additionally says, “The cooked model of the gujiya preparation is undoubtedly more healthy and higher as a result of there isn’t a frying and due to this fact no carcinogenic or growing old motion in addition to no fats achieve.”
Learn additionally : This Holi, quench your thirst with this wholesome paan thandai recipe
As an alternative of frying gujiyas, bake them within the oven for a wholesome twist. You too can select a wholesome filling comprised of dried fruits or suji. This methodology might help with digestion, forestall weight achieve, and management your blood sugar. With regards to style, baked gujiyas at all times style higher than fried ones. So you possibly can take pleasure in your favourite dessert with none guilt.
make baked gujiya?
Here’s a strategy to make crispy and wholesome baked gujiya:
1 cup complete wheat flour
1 tbsp ghee + for greasing
1 cup grated khoya
1 tablespoon of sugar-free powder
¼ teaspoon inexperienced cardamom powder
¼ cup contemporary coconut scraped
4-6 almonds, blanched and slivered
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
10-12 finely chopped cashews
1 tablespoon raisins
3-4 dates, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon muskmelon seeds
Water to make the dough
First put together the dough:
Take wheat flour in a big bowl, add two tablespoons of ghee and knead the dough with lukewarm water. The ghee will make your gujiya crispy. Now set the dough apart for 25-Half-hour.
Put together the filling for the gujiya:
1. Take a non-stick pan, add the khoya and stir till it melts.
2. As soon as the khoya is melted and golden, add the dates and warmth till barely softened.
3. Now add the coconut and cardamom powder and blend effectively for a minute.
4. Take away the pan from the warmth and switch it to a plate. As soon as it has cooled barely, add the sugar combine powder, almonds, walnuts, raisins, cashews and muskmelon seeds.
Learn additionally : Listed below are 7 fancy Holi recipes to not let diabetes trigger “rang mein bhang”!
Put together the gujiyas now:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and now kind a small ball of chapati dough the scale of a puri. This would be the cowl of the gujiya.
2. Place the chapati within the gujiya mould. Fill the center with a tablespoon of filling.
3. Dip your finger in water, apply it to the perimeters of the washers, bend it right into a moon form, press the perimeters to seal and twist to create a gujiya sample. Take away any extra packaging.
Prepare dinner them:
1. After getting ready all of the gujiyas, place all of them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush them with ghee.
2. Bake the sheet in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Take away from the oven and let cool barely.
3. Retailer them in an hermetic container and luxuriate in them with chilly drinks or sizzling tea!
Some suggestions to remember when getting ready gujiya to make it wholesome:
1. You should definitely use a non-fried methodology to arrange gujiya, such because the baking methodology.
2. Select pure sweeteners over processed sugar, which might affect your blood sugar and trigger different well being issues.
3. Add wholesome nuts and seeds to your gujiya to make it more healthy.
4. Though gujiya is made with maida, utilizing a deep-fried methodology, you may make it more healthy by omitting the maida and changing it with a gluten-free grain like Jowar.
5. Gujiya may be saved in hermetic jars for a couple of weeks, relying on the filling you select. Gujiya, for instance, will hold contemporary for about 3-4 days as a result of it comprises mawa. Nevertheless, when you make the filling with rava/semolina, it can have an extended shelf life.
So take pleasure in gujiyas with none guilt and keep wholesome!