Are you prepared so as to add a contact of sweetness to your Gudi Padwa celebrations? Look no additional than polished puran, the Maharashtrian delicacy certain to fulfill your candy tooth! However wait, what in case you wished to indulge on this scrumptious deal with guilt-free? Don’t be concerned, we have got you lined with a more healthy model that does not skimp on taste. So put in your apron and prepare to discover ways to make well mannered puran for Gudi Padwa, the normal and more healthy means!
Do this more healthy model of polished puran this Gudi Padwa
Puran poli is a conventional Maharashtrian dish which is usually ready throughout festivals and particular events like Gudi Padwa. This candy flatbread is made by stuffing a combination of jaggery and cooked chana dal (Bengal gram) between two layers of wheat flour dough, then flattening it to type a spherical disc. Whereas the normal recipe requires using ghee and refined sugar, a more healthy model may be ready utilizing more healthy components with out compromising style.
Easy methods to make polished puran?
Here’s a step-by-step recipe for making polished puran for Gudi Padwa and its more healthy model:
Substances for the polished puran:
For the dough:
*1 cup complete wheat flour
*1/4 tsp salt
*1 tablespoon of oil
*Water, as wanted
For the filling:
* 1 cup chana dal (Bengal gram)
*1 cup jaggery, grated
* 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
*1 tablespoon of ghee
1. Rinse the chana dal totally and soak it in water for 3-4 hours.
2. Drain the water and strain cook dinner the chana dal with 2 cups of water for 3-4 whistles or till tender and cooked by.
3. Pressure extra water and mash the cooked chana dal utilizing a potato masher or meals processor till easy.
4. Add grated jaggery and cardamom powder to mashed chana dal and blend effectively.
5. Warmth a frying pan and add ghee to it. Add the chana dal and jaggery combination to the skillet and cook dinner over medium warmth till the combination thickens and types a ball.
6. Enable the combination to chill to room temperature earlier than making the polished puran.
7. To make the dough, mix complete wheat flour, salt and oil in a bowl.
8. Step by step add water and knead the dough till easy and malleable.
9. Divide the dough into small parts and roll them into small balls.
10. Take a ball of dough and roll it out right into a small circle. Place a portion of the chana dal and jaggery combination within the middle. Much like how you’ll make a stuffed paratha.
11. Deliver the sides of the dough collectively to surround the filling and gently roll it out in a circle.
12. Warmth a tawa and cook dinner the polished puran on either side till golden brown.
13. Serve scorching with a spoonful of ghee.
For the more healthy model of polished puran, you need to use the next substitutes:
*Entire wheat flour may be substituted with a combination of complete wheat flour and jowar (sorghum) flour or bajra (pearl millet) flour to extend dietary worth.
*Jaggery may be changed with coconut sugar, which is a more healthy different to subtle sugar.
*Ghee may be changed with coconut oil or olive oil to make a vegan model.
For Extra Maharastrian Recipes.
By following this recipe and utilizing more healthy substitutes, you’ll be able to take pleasure in conventional polished puran throughout Gudi Padwa with out compromising on style and diet. Good cooking and good Gudi Padwa!